Scientific Name of Leopard
Features and Facts of Leopard
- Leopards have short legs, long body, and a large skull
- Can reach a running speed of about 58 kms per hour
- Head and body length is 125cm -165 cms
- Weighs 30-91 kilos (male) and 23-60 kilos (female)
- Leopard habitat is usually grasslands, woodlands, or forests with rivers
- Feed on almost everything from rodents, birds, insets, fish, monkeys, etc.
- They are nocturnal and lead solitary life
- Can live up to 21 years
Human interference has destroyed a large part of the natural habitat of Leopards. Reserve forests have been created in countries all over the world to conserve Leopards.