When is National Dog Day 2019?
When is National Dog Day 2019?Yes, dogs are adorable and cute creatures but when is national dog day?
National Dog Day is celebrated on August 26th every year.
Who founded National Dog Day (NDD)?National Dog day was founded by National Dog Day Foundation website nationaldogday.com under Colleen Paige in 2004 to encourage both celebration and adoption of pups of all types and ages. The National Dog Day celebrates the importance of dogs and reminds us of the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year as well as appreciates family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort. Colleen Paige also drew our attention to the plight of abused dogs, to end puppy mills.
An author, animal behaviorist and a pet lover, National Dog Day founder Colleen Paige says adopting saves furry lives. So consider adoption and bringing a pup friend into your family. She is so kind and compassionate towards dogs as she says, "Dogs are amazing, courageous, sensitive and sentient beings that deserve compassion and respect," on the National Dog Day website. So "Please consider bringing these pups into your heart and home on National Dog Day!"
National Dog Day Activities
- There are many dog-friendly restaurants and hotels that celebrates the occasion where you can enjoy a meal or some treats with your favorite people and pets. They give a yappy hour which means a "happy hour for the dog". Some of these hotels also give 100% of bills collected to the animal rescue centers. Thus we must take our dog to these noble hotels and appreciate what they are doing.
- Give them your Hugs and kisses, they would enjoy a nice belly rub. The Dogs help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, this is good for your health.
- Celebrate the Dog's day with your dog's favorite friends. Take them to your local dog park.
- Prepare a cool dessert for your dog when you are home.
- We should take time from our life to appreciate the love and value that dogs bring to our daily lives
- If we can do, we must do something for the homeless and abused dogs the world over. The canine supports people who are blind, deaf or disabled, they help us all in someway or the other.
- Go on adopting a dog from a rescue home
- Give your dog a holistic spa treatment
- Buy matching t-shirts for yourself and the dog
- On this National Dog Day, consider donating to your local animal shelter. Pups will thank you.
- You can also donate blankets, pet food and toys.
- Help Volunteer your time at your nearest animal rescue shelter. They are always in need of some volunteers to help walking, feeding, playing with and cleaning up after the animals.
Why We Love National Dog Day
- Dogs have a natural quality of making your mood positive. Studies and research in this area shows they reduce stress levels. After you come home from a busy day or just tired out, dogs are always there to welcome you with joy.
- Dogs remind us to be loyal. Life is not that much big to go into misery or sadness, so dogs remind us to enjoy life fully and not take it so seriously.
- They first sniff out the situaltion and then jump into any engagements.
- Dogs help us to become socially connected. When we are taking our dog for a walk, the dog's presence helps us develop friendships and to be more social. They encourage us to engage with other dogs and their owners.
National Dog Day DatesNational Dog Day 2019 August 26 Monday
National Dog Day 2020 August 26 Wednesday
National Dog Day 2021 August 26 Thursday
National Dog Day 2022 August 26 Friday
National Dog Day 2023 August 26 Saturday
National Dog Day 2024 August 26 Monday
National Dog Day 2025 August 26 Tuesday
Women's Equality Day is also on August 26thNational Dog Day was founded by a woman named Colleen Paige in 2004. This was the same date when her father adopted their first family dog. This day of August 26 is also celebrated as Women's Equality Day.
National Dog Day Quotes and Sayings
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” ― Marilyn Monroe
- “A lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me.” – Barack Obama
- “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” ― W. Bruce Cameron
- “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” — Gene Hill
- “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” ― Mark Twain
- “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles De Gaulle
- “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” ― Christopher Morley
- “We may have pets, but when it comes to unconditional love, they are the masters.” ― Donald L. Hicks
- “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”—Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Everything I know I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” ― Josh Billings
- "Fall in love with a dog, and in many ways you enter a new orbit, a universe that features not just new colors but new rituals, new rules, a new way of experiencing attachment". ― Caroline Knapp
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
Tags: #nationaldogday, #dogday