National Food Day 2019
World Food Day 2019
World Food Day (WFD) 2019 theme is “Our Actions Are Our Future Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World.” World Food Day is celebrated each year since its inception on October 16th by 150 countries across the globe to raise awareness and gather support to end world hunger.
National food day/World food day spreads awareness on the need to ensure food security and nutritious diets for everyone and what needs to be done for those people who suffer from hunger. As food is a basic and fundamental human necessity and nobody should be deprive of food. Still, over 820 million people worldwide suffers from chronic undernourishment, 60% women and almost five million children under the age of five die of malnutrition-related causes every day. As millions of people go hungry, 672 million people suffer from obesity, and a 1.3 billion are overweight. We can and must change this. This situation is alarming.
Do not waste foodFood is fuel to our body and it should not be wasted. In weddings and various other programmes, events, parties, we can see food being wasted. Youngsters must be taught about the food they enjoy is made from immense hard work that is being put at different stages so they must consume the food with utmost respect as well as devotion towards god. There are many people in the world who are deprived of this basic necessity and they strive hard to get even a single meal of a day and there are many people who keep on wasting food.
How India helps to eradicate hunger?
What is a healthy diet?
A healthy diet is one that meets the nutritional needs of individuals by providing sufficient, safe, nutritious and diverse foods to lead an active life and reduce the risk of disease. It includes, among others, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains, and foods that are low in fats (especially saturated fats), sugar and salt. Nutritious foods that constitute a healthy diet are not available or affordable for many people.
World Food Day Themes
1981: Food comes first
1982: Food comes first
1983: Food security
1984: Women in agriculture
1985: Rural poverty
1986: Fishermen and fishing communities
1987: Small farmers
1988: Rural youth
1989: Food and the environment
1990: Food for the future
1991: Trees for life
1992: Food and nutrition
1993: Harvesting nature's diversity
1994: Water for life
1995: Food for all
1996: Fighting hunger and malnutrition
1997: Investing in food security
1998: Women feed the world
1999: Youth against hunger
2000: A millennium free from hunger
2001: Fight hunger to reduce poverty
2002: Water: source of food security
2003: Working together for an international alliance against hunger
2004: Biodiversity for food security
2005: Agriculture and intercultural dialogue
2006: Investing in agriculture for food security
2007: The right to food
2008: World food security: the challenges of climate change and bioenergy
2009: Achieving food security in times of crisis
2010: United against hunger
2011: Food prices - from crisis to stability
2012: Agricultural cooperatives – key to feeding the world
2013: Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition
2014: Family Farming: "Feeding the world, caring for the earth"
2015: "Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty"
2016: Climate change: "Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too"
2017: Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development.
2018: Our actions are our future
2019: Our Actions Are Our Future Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World
Naional Food Day Quotes
- Food that we have in our plate is a result of immense amount of hard work that is put at various stages consume it with utmost respect. Best wishes on World Food Day.
- Food symbolizes love when words fail to define it. Sending you warm wishes on World Food Day. Enjoy food with happiness!
- We must always respect the food we get because it is the blessing of God and love from someone who cares for us. Happy World Food Day to you.
- Blessed are those who get to enjoy three meals every day, let us thank God for blessing us with food. A very Happy World Food Day to you.
- Together we can fight against hunger, Together we can provide a better tomorrow to children by feeding them. Let us come together and promise ourselves to eradicate this evil by feeding the hungry. Warm wishes to you on World Food Day.
- Add a dash of spices to lives of people around you by treating them with healthy and nutritious food so that they grow into healthier and fitter people. Let's say NO to junk and always eat healthy. Wishing you a very Happy World Food Day.
- On World Food Day, we must promise ourselves to never waste food as an initiative and contribution to save food for those who are hungry, let us make a big difference with our small actions. Wishing you a warm and Happy World Food Day my dear!
- It is our responsibility to strike a balance between those who are hungry and those who are treated with the best of the cuisines, Let us be more responsible, let us feed the hungry, let us share our food. Best
- wishes to you on World Food Day.
- You cannot understand the value of food until you have stayed hungry, Happy World Food Day.
- Let us not forget to celebrate FOOD because that is the most important lifeline.